The ScannaR is a
flat–bed scanner that will scan any text
document and read it back to you in seconds.
Unlike other scan-and-read products, it does not need to be connected to a PC, as it has its own hard drive with room for up to 500,000 pages of text, making it one of the most portable scan-and-read products on the market.
ScannaR allows you to read anything from letters and brochures to newspapers, reports, books or other print materials, and then save them for future reference.
ScannaR is not only great for the home or office. It is an ideal tool for educators and students at all levels for quickly scanning and recording textbooks, worksheets, tests and exams. Because of its audio output as well as the bonus ability to download files to a BrailleNote or VoiceNote, it is suitable for environments where resources are shared among students who either have low vision or are blind.
How does ScannaR work?
Simply place a document on the scanner, press a button, and ScannaR will read the text in natural sounding speech. If you want to save your document, press and speak a filename into the built-in microphone.
- Control speed and volume of speech at the turn of a dial
- Store up to 500,000 pages of text at any time
- Choose from English, French, German, Italian and Spanish language versions
- Only 7 buttons are needed to perform all functions
- Includes BrailleNote and VoiceNote direct connect
- Dimensions: 19.3" (l) x 12.8" (w) x 3.5" (h)
- Weight: 15lb